Chairperson: Jane Creaser Jane is a people and project leader, passionate about organisational development and community service. Jane has worked with the South Australian Government for 8 years, for 4 years with Higher Education and for 10 years with the Private sector. Jane holds an Honours Degree of Bachelor of Psychology and a Certificate IV in Mediation. Jane also enjoys providing Mentoring to three Public Sector Graduates, is a Member of the Intrapreneurship Community of Practice and is a Chooks SA volunteer and host of Female Founders 005. Jane served on the Women in Innovation SA Board in 2015-16 and on the SA Young Professional’s Group Steering Committee in 2011-12.
Deputy Chairperson: Genevieve Lewis Genevieve is a lawyer by trade, currently working as a Ministerial Adviser to the State Government. Genevieve holds a Bachelor of Law/Health Science, Major in Public Health. She is currently studying a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Treasurer: Christina Gulliver Christina enjoys giving back to the community, holds several honorary board and treasurer positions, is an advocate for gender equality and strives to support women in business achieve their goals. Christina has over 11 years experience in business advisory and taxation and is an Equity Associate at Brentnalls SA.
Secretary: Angie Young Angie is a senior communications specialist at the University of South Australia (UniSA), with expertise across the health sciences, business and law portfolios. After growing up in Brisbane, Angie has called Adelaide home for the past 10 years and loves the breadth of fantastic experiences, food and wine South Australia has to offer.
General Board Members:
- Candice Keller Candice is a media and communications specialist. As the PR Manager for Events South Australia, Candice is passionate about story-telling, collaboration and celebrating the state’s greatest champions and innovators across industries including tourism, hospitality, winemaking, fashion, design, arts, sports and regional events. Previously, Candice worked as: a journalist for The Advertiser, a freelance features writer and content producer, an inquisitive traveler who has lived abroad.
- Jackie Chen Jackie is passionate about healthcare and technology, and currently works in the field of medical software. Jackie’s is interested in human rights, animal rights and global environmental issues.
- Kelly Graham-Sutton Kelly is a leadership development, program management and stakeholder engagement specialist, with a background in consulting, training, education and mentoring. Kelly is a Program Manager at Inkling Women and was formerly the President of the YWCA of Adelaide Board.
- Lauren Novak Lauren is a Political Reporter for News Corp Australia, specialising in coverage of domestic violence and child protection policy. Lauren loves to travel and spent a year studying abroad in the Netherlands university town of Maastricht.
- Rebecca Sandford Rebecca is a Senior Associate in the litigation team at HWL Ebsworth Lawyers, with a practice focussing on intellectual property law, media/defamation law and competition law. Previously, Rebecca worked at DMAW Lawyers. Rebecca holds a Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours), a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) and a Masters of Law (Applied Commercial Litigation). Rebecca is a member of the Council and the Executive of the Law Society of South Australia, and has previously served on the Women Lawyers Committee, the Women Lawyers Association of SA Committee and the YWCA of Adelaide Nominations Committee.
- Serena Gasparini Serena is passionate about South Australian wine and now works in London for a wine distributor as an event and trip manager. Previously, Serena worked in the London Office of the Agent General. Serena holds a double degree in Tourism and Event Management and Marketing Management, as well as a Level 3 from the Wine & Spirit Education Trust. Serena facilitated the official launch of the ‘London Chapter’ of the Spence Club in September 2017.
- Sophie Horwood Sophie is the Marketing, Communications and Engagement Manager at Statewide Super, South Australia’s largest industry super fund. Sophie presently holds the position of Chair and Director of Women in Super South Australia and was formerly on the Executive Committee of the Mother’s Day Classic and UN Women.
Current Spence Club Sub-Committees include:
Spence Club Board Sub-Committees can comprise members of the Board and representatives from the general membership.
If you are a current financial member of Spence Club and would like to find out more about nominating for a Board Sub-Committee, or to request an Expression of Interest form, please contact the Chairperson Jane Creaser via [email protected]
Acknowledgement of Former Board Members: